Here are questions to ask your door to door service provider before you pick the one you want to use.
1. What is the cost for the quantity that you want to distribute
2. Do they offer GPS service at that quantity and does it cost extra?
3. How long will it take to distribute the quantity that you'll be ordering.
4. Do they deliver to houses only or do they also deliver to apartments (then decide which you want)
5. Will they pick up your flyers for you.
6. Do they put only your flyer on the door or do they put multiple flyers on the door (then decide if that even matters to you).
Check them out on Yelp and other review sites. None of them get great scores so look at the reviews and decide what applies.
Equally important is whether you get a good feeling from whoever you talk to. If you're not getting a good feeling, think twice about dealing with that person.
They won't be five star reviews, but at least see what the reviewers have to say.
What good is hiring a flyer delivery company if some, most or all of your flyers don't actually get delivered?
How do you know if the "walkers" are actually going door to door and putting your flyer/door hanger on the door, even if GPS shows them slowly walking down the street.
The answer is "you don't know" but there are a few things you can do to quickly get a feel of a door to door distribution company BEFORE you use them.
First - check out their reviews on sites like Yelp.
Second - call the owner of the company and get a feel of how they talk to you. Ask questions to satisfy yourself that this company will treat you right.